Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inside.

Bottled up inside
Are the words I never said
The feelings that I hide
The lines you never read

You can see it in my eyes
Read it on my face
Trapped inside are lies
Of the past I can’t replace

With memories that linger
Won’t seem to go away
Why can’t I be happy
Today’s a brand new day.

Yesterdays are over
Even though the hurting is not
Nothing lasts forever
I must cherish what I’ve got

Don’t take my love for granted
For soon it will be gone
All you’ve ever wanted
Of the love you thought you’d won

The hurt I’m feeling now
Won’t disappear overnight
But someday, somehow
Everything will turn out alright

No more wishing for the past
It wasn’t meant to be
It didn’t seem to last
So I have to set you free.

1 comment:

V said...

well penned lines with a fluent rhyme scheme...luvd it.

 
Tree Hearts Blogger Template